Thursday, August 16, 2007

From Cleveland to Chicago

I have been in the city of Cleveland for a little over a year now. I moved here to have more to do and find better work. My partner and myself have decided to abandon the sinking ship while we can still breathe. This city has wonderful things about it including a great theater district and my favorite pro sports teams. It also has huge issues and no ideas on how to fix them. The crime and poverty rates are sky high and the mayor is a disgrace with no clue. We no longer feel safe in this once great city that I still love.

We have decided to move to the midwest mecca of Chicago. This is not a shot in the dark move by any means. Frankie has a long history with the city as he lived and thrived there in the nineties. We were recently able to take a day trip there on my birthday and I got my first taste of this cultural and entertainment haven. Needless to say that I have fallen in love with the idea of living on the north side area of the city known as Boystown. We have some loose ends to tie up here in Cleveland as well as some more money to save. The move is scheduled for the beginning of next summer.

This is what I have always wanted for myself and I am thrilled to be doing it with someone I know and love so much. I feel that once I get there my life will finally take off in the direction that I always dreamed of. I know there will be more obtacles in the journey west, but I also know we will be much better off in the long term. I was born and raised here and will always be an Ohio boy at heart. I can't wait until this time next year, when I am sitting in the bleachers at Wrigley Field in my Cleveland Indians cap.

Life has a way of moving up a level once you reach for what you want.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home